View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 08:21 AM
PokeCheck101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nah68 View Post
I've been reading some comments on kids vacating there winter teams to join elite clubs like p.o.e, and norte dame. This is great but what does this really do for these kids? Yes the extra ice time is great, along with training facilities that focus primarily on the game, but do they leave for that or do they leave for the ability to play on a elite stacked team? There are rules set in place to disallow kids to jump teams for aa, why the allowance with these schools.
The decision to join ND and the like is not the kids. Someone may wish to argue that and my rebuttal would be show me the receipt from the school that shows me it's made out to 14 year old Johnny.... Who paid $15K for the year. I don't know any 14 year olds with that kind of cash flow. Parents be wary of big promises from private schools and dreams of big ice time. Often they are just another player unless an exceptional talent so they may not get "equal" opportunity. Not everyone makes the NHL who plays there. 15K is a steep price to pay to be hit in the face with a reality check, moms and dads.