View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 09:43 AM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
The cap is the least of the Oilers' problems.

Says who?

Don't look now, but Chicago just won another Cup with the same core making big money.

Yeah, blow up the core before most of them even hit their prime years.
Didn't feel like isolating the paragraphs so i just spaced out my replies.

The Cap will be a problem when the Oilers have to re-sign all the key players. RNH, Yak, Schultz and Petry will be due for big raises in the next 2 seasons and they would still need to fill out the rest of the roster. That cap space will evaporate quickly.

Says management. They planned on competing for a playoff spot last season and fell woefully short. I would think that the next step is making the playoffs.

Chicago already had an established, proven team. I'm talking about when Chicago started to compete. The Oilers are light years away from following the Chicago model even when it was in its infancy stages.

I don't see how the Oilers bring in a legit top pairing Dman, 2 way top 6 center or top goalie without dealing one of The Big 5 eventually. Free agency hasn't been kind to the Oilers outside of the pure dumb luck of landing Schultz.

How long should management remain "patient"? At what point is it not acceptable to miss the playoffs?

Last edited by McCupofOil: 07-10-2013 at 09:50 AM.