View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 11:13 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
There will be ways around our cap problems... Teams like BOS\PIT\CHI and PHI would be drafting top 10 picks if they also worried about cap problems in 2 yrs.. They always find a way.. so will we..

With Khabi\Horc\Whitney gone our best players are making best dollars... I dont see us get stuck with cap issues. We will always be better than 10 other teams when it comes to cap issues.

I dont think finding a 'legit' starting goalie would be an issue... Lets see what Dubnyk has to offer.. There will be plenty of option next year.. Goalie market is pretty saturated now.

Dealing one of the 'big 5' would be stupid at this point ...
Dealing one of the Big 5 NOW would be stupid. I'm saying if there's little progress again next season, i think it might be time to deal one of the core guys (Eberle or Yakupov most likely) to balance out the roster. Next season should be playoffs or bust IMO or at the very least a battle for the 8th spot up until the very end. It's already Hall and Eberle's 4rd season coming up and this team hasn't even gotten out of the bottom 7 of the league yet. That's completely and utterly unacceptable. The team absolutely HAS TO take a big step forward next season and with the roster as is, that looks doubtful at this point.