View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Dealing one of the Big 5 NOW would be stupid. I'm saying if there's little progress again next season, i think it might be time to deal one of the core guys to balance out the roster. Next season should be playoffs or bust IMO or at the very least a battle for the 8th spot up until the very end. It's already Hall and Eberle's 4rd season coming up and this team hasn't even gotten out of the bottom 7 of the league yet. That's completely and utterly unacceptable. The team absolutely HAS TO take a big step forward next season and with the roster as is, that looks doubtful at this point.
What is there to balance out?
We got a Dman, a C, a LW and 2 RWs .. Pretty balanced if you ask me.. Sure we can trade away a RW for another 2nd line or another Dman but that wont guarantee us anything. Trading the 'big 5' will never net us a fair return.. MacT needs to be creative and bold here. Did we miss out on Seguin and Ryan ? maybeee ... but so did 28 other GMs.

Trading away a core peice will never let you take a big step forward.. it'll be a side step most likely.