View Single Post
07-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Formally a McRib
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
I was just thinking, in terms of bottom 6 forwards... Look at the Chicago's and Detroits in the NHL. Detroit's 3rd and 4th lines are generally made up of players developed in their system (Helm, Nyquist, Miller, Emmerton). Chicago's 3rd and 4th lines (Shaw, Saad, Bickell, Bolland, etc.) were all developed in their system as well.

I think we can build a solid 3rd and 4th lines with free agents and trades, but I don't think it's a coincidence that two of the more successful franchises in the NHL develop pretty good 3rd and 4th line players in their own farm systems.

Maybe we have that in some of our recent picks, but the lack of foresight from Tambellini regarding the importance of bottom 6 forwards is astonishing. I don't know if he underplayed the importance of our bottom 6, or just... didn't want to make a trade or signing to address it.

I will say that I'm excited to see Joensuu in out bottom 6 though. I think he's the perfect fit.. Has a bit of offensive capability with some size and toughness.