View Single Post
Old
10-27-2006, 10:26 AM
AH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
Let's not compare this to the Julien era...

Remember Julien took a long time to bench players (Theo.. Ribs.. Zed.. etc) he did not shake the lineup, did not give Lats (edit - youth (who remembers him benching Komi, barely playing Higgins, zhogin, etc?) a chance, showed 0 emotion behind the bench, and never openly criticized the play of his players.

With Carbo you have a fiery guy who has already put Samsonov on notice, does not hide his displeasure to the public and officials.

I think a fairer comparison to Carbo would be Tremblay, the only difference is that Carbo has had much more time behind the bench as an assistant then Tremblay ever had.

For the most part I think Carbo has done an ok job thus far, it's only been 9 games.. let's discuss this at the mid-way point.

mike
I am not saying he is doing a poor job, just pointing out the team's flaws which rest on his shoulders. While the majority of people around here worry about the line combinations in 30 page threads and gush over a junior age player with 0 points in 9 games and -5, I wish to discuss REAL issues.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote