Thread: Speculation: Habs have spoken with Morrow
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Quagmier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Briere left money on the table to sign here. Lecavalier/his agent outright said that money/term were not the issue with what the Habs offered.

We don't know what kind of offers Cammalleri got from other teams.

You have a point, but it's not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.
Funny (and relevant) story about Cammalleri:

I was at Dorval waiting to fly to Vancouver back in 2010 when I saw Cammalleri sitting a few seats over from me. This was the summer he signed with the Habs so i was pretty stoked. I was about to go talk to him when he starts hitting on this girl next to him. Not wanting to step on his toes I backed off but covertly listened to the exchange. From it i gleaned the following things:

1) Mike Cammalleri is not above dropping the fact that he's a hockey player to score points with a girl. Even when his line of work is not brought up.

2) He had offers on the table of equal value from Calgary, Toronto, AND Ottawa, but he and his agent decided that Montreal was the best fit for him.

3) He likes his V-neck t-shirts like he likes his independent arthouse movies...deep

4) While Mr. Cammalleri's conversation partner did not seem overly enthraled by the fact that she was talking with a hockey player, the same cannot be said about her boyfriend, who returned to his seat and promptly started talking poor ole Mike's ear off. It was the highest of high comedy.