Thread: Player Discussion: Mark Streit (Part 2)
View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Don't be skeptical, Beef. He is not a very well rounded player, and you'll surely be yelling at him to shoot on the PP, but he will produce.

He played on a bum knee for this entire NHL season, an injury he picked up over in Switzerland during the lockout. I think that could easily factor into his suck level in his last year with the Islanders. He's right, it was simply time for both sides to move on. I think he'll come to Philadephia with a lot of confidence and can find his game from 2008-2009.
Oh, I'm not worried about his offense. I'm worried about his defense. A lot of people assume he's going to be paired with Coburn, and I'm no longer close to convinced that Coburn can be the defensive heavy lifter on a pairing. I'm worried he might become our defense's version of Briere last year; his offensive production doesn't make up for defensive shortcomings.

And of course the length is disquieting; Yes, there is less wear at an NHL level, but the human body is still the human body. Maybe he won't break down physically, but he'll lose a step mentally instead.

Eh. I guess we'll see.