View Single Post
07-10-2013, 01:03 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Personally I found we had a much bigger problem crashing the net/creating traffic and clearing the crease/making the opponents pay for crashing ours.

Neither of which are areas I feel we've addressed this off-season, mind you, but Jagr wouldn't help us much in those areas either. So if we're simply choosing between Briere and Jagr (the original argument), I still go with the guy who I feel is the better player, Briere.
Sentence number one sums it up quite nicely. We have scorers but their style of play isn't as effective in the play-offs where goals are more often scored in the dirty areas. This is why I disagree anytime people talk about moving Bourque, because he and Gallagher were our most dangerous forwards against Ottawa since they did go to the net. We need another guy like Bourque in terms of size, skill and willingness to go to the net. By the way, have read posts here talking about Patches saying he thought he would change his style since the elite scorers are more perimeter type players. They better have an intervention and tell this kid he is more effective and a bigger asset to this team if he forgets that rubbish and goes back to driving the net.