Thread: Confirmed with Link: Dumont signs 2 year extension
View Single Post
07-10-2013, 01:35 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I really liked what I saw from him last year, but where does he fit? At this point he doesn't have a role in the top 9 and with his size, does he fit on our fourth line? He is a pesky, get under the opponents skin, which worked to his advantage by drawing penalties. I know he does play bigger than his size, and he likes to hit, but can he make to be a full time 3rd liner? Does he have the defensive awareness to do so?

A lot of questions I think he can answer next year. I don't think he starts with the Habs, but I do see him playing 20-30 games next year with all the injuries that will happen. (not forecasting anything, just simple deductive reasoning)
I don't think he'll bring enough offense to be a regular 3rd liner in the modern NHL. He can play center of wing, take faceoffs, kill penalties, play a physical uptempo game, generally not hurt the team in a variety of roles - and obviously he comes at a cap hit that leaves room to improve at more important positions. IMO Dumont and White are very good options as 4th line/utility players. Better options at this point than Moen or Blunden.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote