View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

vCash: 500
One poster brought up a good point about Hunter having a propensity for changing up his lines ad nauseum.

Given that, and considering the depth the Knights are likely going to have at forward, McCarron will likely see time on different lines throughout the season.

i do not think there will be only six forwards who receive playing time on the top two lines, but I'm sure there will be games where it could be debated whether the third line is any worse than the first line....it wasn't long ago Ovechkin was receiving less ice time under Hunter than several forwards many nights.

I do not expect Broadhurst or Griffith to return, but Elie and Platzer will be given bigger roles this season and could flourish.

All that said, Mac brings a special dimension to the Knights...his size and skating ability/skill combo are something the Hunters haven't had very often up front - I would expect Hunter to use him quite a bit, and play him with Domi in particular so Max has even more room out there.

Even if he's playing with Platzer and Elie most of the time...I could see that being a very good OHL line next season. Platzer is going to break out offensively I believe, kid is smart and creative. Even with the Ruperts...London is going to be quite deep, and he'll be playing with good players regardless.