View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 02:24 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Not sure how you can be so certain that Gilbert > Belov at this point in time? Belov sounds like he brings a physical presence as well as a big shot and on a defense as butter soft as ours is we need that type of a player. Potter brings more of a physical presence than Gilbert, I'd sooner keep him for one more year than pay Gilbert to come here.
You are correct. I don't know if Belov is better than Gilbert right now. I am just erring on the side of the guy with NHL experience. But either way, it's more about Gilbert being better than Larsen. Belov is a left handed shot so I figured he'd be in the 3rd LD spot, assuming we can move Schultz out for help elsewhere. I just find it hard to believe that Gilbert went from a top 4D on our team to not NHL capable in 63 games.

As for Potter, I don't think he's an NHL d-man at all. His only play is to chase the guy with the puck and leave his partner alone in front of the net to defend against the 1 or 2 guys that head there. My biggest hope is that he isn't on the roster next season. I would take Fistric or even Peckham over Potter.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote