View Single Post
07-10-2013, 03:41 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
I agree. I would like to see a GB/Cullen/VS 2nd line personally.

Forsberg will be with the Preds unless he has some kind of massive regression in training camp. Trotz specifically pointed to him and Jones having that "it" quality.
I agree. A lot of the hype during this offseason is (deservedly) going towards Jones, but Trotz and company always manage to mention Forsberg in the same breath as having ridiculous potential. It's just a snippet, but look at how he fakes out Datsyuk in his first NHL game.

Not bad for an 18 year old. I know a lot of the hype from the 2012 draft has cooled over the year, and he did fall to 11th - but he was regarded as the number 1 European skater that year, with many pegging him to go within the top 5 - several even expected top 3. TONS of people are still questioning his slide in the draft and you won't find many that think Washington "won" in the trade for Erat. Simply put, many of us were wanting MacKinnon/Drouin/Barkov this year. Nothing wrong with that. However, Filip is a similar caliber prospect and the sky is the limit for him. I still would like the Predators to ice a more proven, consistent top-line, but it wouldn't shock me at all if Forsberg plays much better than expected during the 2013 season, especially in the second half.

Mercalius is offline   Reply With Quote