View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 04:06 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Why did they bring him in to put him in Rochester? It's not like they took him on to get another deal done a la Pardy and Kotalik. Further, nothing in his underlying numbers suggest he isn't an NHL defenseman right now. That he was getting scratched on a blueline better than ours--and there were articles from their beat reporters thinking that some of it was unfair to Hank--doesn't suggest he'll be in Rochester.

Doak's comment was meant to provoke a response, and I indulged him. Tallinder isn't getting sent to Rochester.
I'm sure they hope he's on the opening night roster, sure as they probably have an idle hope that he transforms Myers into his rookie form. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. If management is guaranteeing it, however, that's a disservice to the young guard who deserve a chance to beat him out for a spot.

I look at Hank and I think the most likely thing is a bottom pairing guy who can help teach the positional game to his partner. But he's lost a lot of step in the last three years, and aging only works in one direction. If he loses another step, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ristolainen deserved that spot more than him.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote