View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 04:25 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Which is a tough call. I mean, not for us as we'd prefer to see him top 6 in the CHL. But already seen as a regular, even if it's on the 4th...seems to me he won't be sold that easily....
I think it's a win-win situation. Either lots of ice time in the OHL hopefully working on his offensive game or playing against men in the top league in Sweden. I'm happy with either one although would rather see him in the OHL so I can watch him play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
For the capologists, does this pay-off count against the cap?
In this case it would be Windsor paying for him to get out of his contract. I don't know if the Habs could "kick in" or not but it wouldn't have anything to do with the cap. (I actually have no clue what kind of deals are even legal in this situation, since it's the OHL that's trying to secure his rights)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
The Swedish league is great for skilled guys like Collberg. However, for a guy like De La Rose, the Canadian Junior leagues would fit better for the development. DLR needs to learn his offensive game, but in Sweden he would not have the opportunity to do so. You have to keep in mind that the SEL is professional league and not a developmental league. If we want DLR to become anything more than a 4th liner, he should go to CHL.
agreed, although having to settle with playing in the top mens league in Sweden isn't a bad thing as it sounds like DLR would just end up in the OHL in 2014-2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If I'm not mistaking it's NO. Their seasons are already underway in Europe
that's correct.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote