View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 09:02 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Looking like yes, but I hope they aren't afraid to pull him back and give him a better view of the ice if he starts to get eaten up a bit by the most physically demanding season of his life. Dougie Hamilton is a good example of this in Boston, it's always good to have vets on standby that will know what the grind is like as these young players get acclimated to their new playing environment.

I wish Tambo had something like that in place for J Schultz last year but instead he was just tossed in the deep end without a lifejacket. He treaded water admirably for the most part but the season just got too long and he was drowning by the end. It has nothing to do with the players' skills but the new environment... I hope the team is ready to deal with the bumps and aren't depending on Klefbom to be a saviour of any sort - any net positive contributions by him should simply be viewed as icing on the cake. For any rookie defenseman it's about surviving the season and learning what being a pro is all about. Showing progress from the beginning to the end is what is important - it should be expected there will be notable fluctuations throughout the year.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote