View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHwest View Post
I call BS, the NHL won't lose one hard core hockey fan if they ban fighting. It's foolishness plain and simple, has no place in any game played by men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I doubt it. People use those claims because they have no better arguments as to why fighting belongs in hockey more than any other sport. The claims are weak and outlandish. It's baseless fear mongering.

People still turn out to watch Olympic and international hockey. There are no more cheapshots there than their currently are in the nhl (which probably has to do with stricter and clearer sanctions which are more strongly enforced) and isn't any less exciting to watch.
If you two know better than I do what I'll be doing, hats off to you.

When the NHL was threatening the last lockout, I promised not to spend an additional penny on NHL products for 5 seasons. Season one is in the books and while I was tempted to buy souvenirs for my kids while on a trip to Montréal, I resisted and bought something else. I will do what I said I'd do. I'm no sheep and when they (Bettman) destroy what I've loved for 4 decades, they're not going to have me back... and I know that I'm not alone.