View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Emelin was 5th in defensemen for PK TOI/G.

Do you have evidence he had higher quality of competition than other defensemen on the team? I don't know, but you are making the assertion.

20 minutes for a defenseman a night (19:40 a night to be precise) was good for 5th for defensemen on the team.

Of course, Emelin received little to no PP time, so that is skewed a bit.

However, 20 minutes a night is average for a defensmen considering there are three pairings on a team and there is 60+ minutes in a game.

A minute eating defensemen receives ~24 minutes of ice time a night, in any given situation.

No one on the Habs is capable of those types of minutes except Markov and Subban. Considering that Markov gets a nice chunk of his time on the PP, this is simply not good enough and exactly my point.

The Habs desperately need a solid two-way second pairing defenseman.
I'm answering you here, because this was posted in the Morrow thread.

I think last season was the last one that Emelin was still developping his NA game, next season we will see what really he's made of and I think he will take a real top 4 place, but that doesn't mean you're not right IMO.

Especially with the quote in bold, I feel the same way for 3 years now...

I'm curious about who are the guys you have in mind though ? Who are the guy that will pay on the roster (Gorges or Diaz would be mine) and which assets would you trade ?

In the last few season I wanted the Habs to find a guy to ''fill'' Harmlik role on the team that was left empty : Dennis Seidenberg (before the damn Bruins got him) and Jason Garrison, were the guys I wanted and they IMO would have change the dynamic of the team.

The team really need a big physical guy (ideally that can clear the crease), play on the PK, second PP wave (with some passing skill and/or good slapper), play 21-22 minutes against high quality opponents, have some shutdown abilities and is good for 20+ pts years in and out. Looking at guy like this maybe Coburn, Ericsson, Bieksa, Bogosian, Edler...

Thoses guys have a price though maybe one of Diaz/Gorges + pick + good prospect (not named Beaulieu or Tinordi).