View Single Post
Old
07-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
In MacT's initial press conference, he talked about the team having to expose themselves to a greater element of risk. Trading a guy like Paajarvi (and a high pick) is definitely more risk than I could ever see Tambellini dealing with. Poor guy would've had a nervous breakdown if he had to make a decision on a trade like this one. This is definitely a deal that doesn't happen under the old regime.
I don't know about that Misfit, the bottom line is that regardless of who the GM was this team needed to make tough decisions this offseason. If MacT really was "the anti-Tambo" we would've walked out of the draft having no used any of our top 3 picks because they would've all been dealt for immediate help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
Bryan I hate diving too and for years I would have never condoned players like that on the Oilers. But if we're going to compete with teams that do that kind of garbage, we need to be able to do it too. The sad fact is that the best teams have players that pull this kind of crap.
I'd sooner rise above this kind of crap, we'll see what Eakins thinks about it if he does dive.