Thread: Proposal: Rangers/Hurricanes
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 08:15 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpin View Post
Nolan I have been a hard core Ranger fan since the early 60's, but I tried to factor everything into the proposal.

Should the 3rd be a 2nd, probably. Should the Rangers get a better prospect than Lowe, maybe. Tlusty a one shot wonder , thats the gamble. Is Staal coming back from his injury at 100%.. If he is healthy , his trade value increases exponentially.

I again emphasize that I was taking the cap money saved as an important part of the deal..Remember, the original proposal was before any of the Ranger's RFAs signed. If the Rangers have to let someone walk (like MZA) because of cap limits, this proposal is like adding MZA to the deal. Finally, I also believe that the Rangers would be dealing from an area of strength (D) and adding sorely needed scoring.
If the Rangers were worried about freeing up cap space they would have walked away from the Richards contract. IMO--they should have. Even so they should have enough money left for both Stepan and Zuccarello and choosing between Zuccarello + Tlusty I'd still prefer Staal. Rangers do have a glut on left side--Staal, McDonagh, Del Zotto and Moore. If we were moving one of them I would probably try to move Del Zotto--who doesn't seem able to push his offense much past the 40 point plateau and is only average in his own end. Putting Del Zotto in play would probably bring us back something pretty decent--a young 2nd liner who hasn't fully hit his stride for example.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote