View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 08:29 AM
pricer502

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
For some reason it seems you think we got the pre-injury Roy which we did not there is a reason Buffalo traded him for Steve Ott. Roy is not a 70 point player anymore. If you think he will get 70 points here your delusional. If we are lucky he will be a 50 point guy and to be honest that's not a bad thing if he scores 50 points IMO that will be a good season for him. Roy is close to a wash with McDonald prior to last season IMO.

Lapierre really was not needed with Sobotka here. Not saying it's a bad signing just not one that will have a huge impact here and seems like a waste of our limited money available.

Aucoin is a minor league player we may use as a first call up or he's a healthy scratch again not really a player we needed but not a big deal as well.

The Perron trade was needed for our budget but makes us a worse team. Perron is a much better player then MPS. You seem to have unrealistic expectations for MPS.

I don't see us as a "beast" team at all we are really similar to the team we were last season.

J-Bow and Pietrangelo playing a whole season together should be a plus I expect them both to produce more points. Pietrangelo should get over 50 pretty easily.

I hope Leopold plays with Polak and Jackman with Shattenkirk. I think Shattenkirk paried with Jackman will allow him to possibly hit 50 points this season.

If we get lucky and Roy and Stewart have chemistry together then Stewart has a great shot of getting over 30 goals this season and 60 points.

Backes should hit over 50 points and over 20 goals. Oshie will most likely miss 10-20 games and hit in the 40 point range. If healthy he could get over 50 again. Steen will also most likely miss games with injury and score in the 40 point range. Also if he stays healthy 50 points is possible.

Berglund I have no idea what to expect he could score in the 30's or he could get in the mid 50's.

MPS should get in the 30 point range.

Schwartz and Tarasenko are total question marks for my they could break out. Schwartz breaking out he could hit the high 40's or even 50 this season. Tarasenko breaking out could mean he gets 60 points and 30 goals or 25 goals and 50 points. Or both could be in the 30-40 point range hard to predict right now.

We have a very similar team to the teams we have had in the past. Our defense should be better the offense for me rests on Tarasenko and Schwartz most with Berglund also being a wild card.
People rate how good players are just based on their offensive skill. Perron was horrible on defense most of the year. He also made several terrible offensive zone penalties. The only way you put up with a guy not playing defense and taking bad penalties is if they are scoring 70 points a year. Perron is not that guy and needed to go. The fact that Paajarvi is bigger faster and plays on both ends of the ice will make the Blues a better team.

pricer502 is offline   Reply With Quote