View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Talbot is not a centerman. Loughton can just be sent back (no sense rushing him now) and Schenn can play wing.
We might not think Talbot is a center, but Holmgren sure does. Even in his press conference introducing Vinny/Streit/Emery he mentioned him as well as a center. Build up the middle.

No chance Laughton goes back to juniors anymore I think. He is almost a lock to make the team. I won't rule it out, but find it extremely unlikely right now. I honestly think he might center the fourth line, but Hall taking faceoffs. Sort of like Schenn and Briere were doing earlier this year.

Now we all know Schenn is being moved to wing, and I really am not a huge fan of it. I like the kid as a center first and foremost. I think that is where you will see the most production from him. I expect to see a little slump from him to begin the year on the wing with a new centerman. He has to create some chemistry.

We still have Giroux/Vinny/Couts/Laughton/Hall/Talbot with Schenn at wing. We have a wealth of centers, I was just thinking if there was a time to deal, it probably was this year. Unless they think Couts can have a break out year next year, then do we really want to move him?? Tough decisions lay ahead that's for sure.

I'm not advocating a trade, just saying if there was ever a time, you think it would be right now though.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote