View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Raisy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
I think in today's NHL players drafted noadays you can make the case that the skill has fallen off since the years of the Crosbys, Malkins, Stamkos. The difference tho is I would say players drafted from pick #1 to #10 have a legitament shot of making the NHL club cause they are more NHL ready. Not skill wise but alot of these kids are developed to play 2-way grinding hockey and alot of them have excelent IQs. Most teams would rather have a kid develop in the nhl and play a support role cause alot of them are capable of the task.

Perfect example is from my favourite team the avalanche. The last two picks they got (landy/Mckinnon) I really don't consider to be in that stamkos, crosby class but more of a 2-way support role. Potential GREAT 3rd line players in the NHL possibly 2nd line on a bad team.

So to answer I think honestly any team picking out of the 10th pick would usually not have an open spot fot the player and therefore would like them to use their tenture in the CHL and then more seasoning in the AHL much like Detroit does. Bast***s lol
You're out to lunch if you is what you think Mckinnon's potential is; McKinnon was drafted to be their #1 center. Now there is always a chance that he busts, and if all he becomes is a 3rd line center, then he would likely be considered a bust.