View Single Post
07-11-2013, 11:19 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I think we could try Blake Smith at LB position. He could be fantastic there. His brother can confirm but I remember when he was drafted that he could play left wing or left back. And I still think that Brovsky should be converted to CB and used occasionally at L/RB. Smith got the talent, speed and creativity to be a great LB. He may need work defensively but it wouldn't hurt to try him, at least in the reserves games.
Like when Batman comes calling at the first sight of the Bat signal, I see that my knowledge of Blake's game has been called upon, so I'll share my thoughts...

Blake has always been more of an attack minded player with a nose for the goal and a knack for being in the right place at the right time, but still has the ability to get back and defend. As you've gotten to see in his time on the field, he has great speed and a wicked left foot...especially on set pieces and crosses. He has played a little bit of LB in his high school/academy days, and has even practiced some at the postion with IMFC. I'm sure he would be willing to play any position on the field if it helped the team and allowed him to see more playing time. I think if you asked him, he's much more confident playing in a midfield or striker role, but that's just due to the fact that he's spent 95% of his career playing in that role. I'm obviously biased and would love to see him on the field more, but we all understand that rookies have to put in their time and earn every second of game time they are given. Thank you all for your continued support of Blake. He seems to be loving Montreal and the fans he meets.