Old
07-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeman79 View Post
To be totally honest Perron really isn't superior. He really hasn't ever did much of anything to this point. All the tools are there, but it never seems to come together, except a few highlight reel goals and plays. Now don't get me wrong I like him. I think he is awesome, he will probably shine in an offensive first system. That's just it though we don't have that here. So Paajarvi should be a great addition. He isn't the dud he is being type cast as. I wouldn't be surprised if his potential takes him further than Perron in the future.

Lapierre isn't really a head scratcher, he is better than anybody else we had at the position. Armstong is strengthening the whole lineup, not just the skill players. He is making us better and harder to play against from the top 6 forwards to the bottom 6.
This is going to be a good team.
I never said Paajarvi is a dud. But Perron is definitely th better player. For all his faults and all the criticism he gets (from me included), Perron's offensive game is much better than Paajarvi's right now. And your description of Perron could be immediately thrown back at Paajarvi too. As for Lapierre, he's a decent piece. But he wasn't necessary. We could have used the 1.1 in cap space we are spending on him elsewhere. We didn't need to bring him in. This isn't me being all doom and gloom. We still have a good team. I just don't think we are really that much better than we were before free agency started.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote