View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 10:33 AM
ikeman79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
I never said Paajarvi is a dud. But Perron is definitely th better player. For all his faults and all the criticism he gets (from me included), Perron's offensive game is much better than Paajarvi's right now. And your description of Perron could be immediately thrown back at Paajarvi too. As for Lapierre, he's a decent piece. But he wasn't necessary. We could have used the 1.1 in cap space we are spending on him elsewhere. We didn't need to bring him in. This isn't me being all doom and gloom. We still have a good team. I just don't think we are really that much better than we were before free agency started.
There is a reason Paajarvi was drafted at number 10, which he slided to. His potential has not been met. Paajarvi doesn't deserve the Perron wrap anymore than Perron, both are playing in systems that were not using them correctly. Its an excellent trade. Perron hasn't really done much more than Paajarvi to this point look at his stats? Not really anything to call him the supierior offensive player. He is Mr. Dangles, he is a moment of brilliance.
Paajarvi is very young, he isn't there yet, where he is going is good. He is lighting fast, a cheaper cap hit, and can bring as much offense a Perron was bringing. Perron might put up more in Edmonton, but he sure wasn't doing it here.

Our team has to win as a team. Not individuals, all moves made have been team moves, not individual. You can't keep every player you draft in the salary cap era.

We aren't a worse team now. We are better by a wide margain.

ikeman79 is offline   Reply With Quote