View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
This I really have to disagree with. I know you're a Kulda fan but come on, a proven 5/6? When did he do that? at some point over the last 3 seasons and whopping 15 NHL games at the age of 25 in a couple weeks? Kulda is as much of an NHL'er right now as your average AHL'er with a glimmer of hope but he has yet to crack the bigs.
He has only not gotten the games since Noel stupidly will not give them to him. He was arguably (although not really that arguably IMO) the most consistant defender we had in the winning streak of December 2011. He is smart safe and makes all the right plays in his own zone during that time (and every time he is on the ice for). He does not have top end potential, but during that time he more than convinced me he would be no worse at very least than Clitsome. Maybe Jets management disagrees, but you could easily slot him in over 50-60 defenders in the NHL, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
And the whole shutting down Datsyuk/Malkin in Russia, good God, I guess 29 NHL GM's missed that star gazing fact when he was passed over and unclaimed on waivers.
Your timeline needs work

Let's not forget Matt Moulson (signed with the only team that wanted him at league minimum on a two-way), Danny Briere, Steve Sullivan, Chris Kunitz, etc, etc...

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote