Old
07-11-2013, 10:59 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Meszaros was supposedly 100% healthy in the first 11 games last year. He was terrible.

Meszaros literally has not been the same player he was since May 2011.

It was revealed he had an injury after that playoff run, and he literally has not been healthy since.

He's played 11 games in 2 calender years, and he did so at a very low level. So yes, in two calender years, Meszaros has not been a better player than Gustafsson. It's insane to consider him so now when he's not even going to be cleared to play for another month.
So that doesn't really answer my question. Are you just concerend with his health status, or do you actually think Gus is a better player? Over the last two seasons Mez has played in more games, been more productive and overall has looked better than Gus. Yes, in his last 11 injury riddled games Mez did not look good. But over the last two years, Gus didn't look better. If we are just comparing last season, sure I'll go with that. Gus was better than Mez last year in both of their limited action. But I am certainly not going to write off Mez based on 11 games and hand over the spot to Gus based on 27 games. If Mez isn't healthy, obviously Gus gets the nod. But if they are both healthy it's Mez every day of the week. If he plays ******, then Gus gets in, but you don't put a better guy on the bench because he played poorly in 11 games the season before.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote