View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Guerzy
Patrik LainELITE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
A proven borderline NHLer is still better then a goalie that might neer even make the AHL....
In my opinion it goes deeper than just being a borderline NHL'er in these rankings. But, that's just my opinion. If you're a borderline NHL'er, you can be found at a dime a dozen rate. I like to consider many things in these rankings, but I do value potential over just being a borderline NHL'er. That isn't exactly a big seller for me in rankings that is in general projecting the future.

What about a proven borderline NHL'er in Machacek a year ago being better than, say, Telegin? because that didn't happen in last years rankings nor would I value Machacek over Telegin right now. Many viewed Telegin as a top 6-9 prospect based on potential in that pole, while Machacek was viewed as a bottom 6 guy and at that time penciled in as an NHL'er on our roster. Telegin slotted #3 last summer with 46 votes while Machacek (borderline proven NHL'er who finished the season quite well) finished with 2 votes in that 3rd round.

Flip to this pole, and Comrie is viewed as a potential 1-2 NHL quality goaltender (hard to tell yet, yes I agree), where as Kulda is a borderline NHL'er, run of the mill, dime a dozen depth defenseman. I guess it all depends on how you personally view these rankings.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote