View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
He has only not gotten the games since Noel stupidly will not give them to him. He was arguably (although not really that arguably IMO) the most consistant defender we had in the winning streak of December 2011. He is smart safe and makes all the right plays in his own zone during that time (and every time he is on the ice for). He does not have top end potential, but during that time he more than convinced me he would be no worse at very least than Clitsome. Maybe Jets management disagrees, but you could easily slot him in over 50-60 defenders in the NHL, IMO.

Your timeline needs work

Let's not forget Matt Moulson (signed with the only team that wanted him at league minimum on a two-way), Danny Briere, Steve Sullivan, Chris Kunitz, etc, etc...
Indeed, my timeline with waivers was off. Still, do you really think Kulda, who as you favorably claim was shutting down Malkin and Datsyuk was all that damn worthy that some other team wouldn't have seen him shutting down those elite stars and traded for him? Unless of course you believe Chevy has made it his mission to hide Kulda from the rest of the hockey world.

Your examples are good (Moulson, Danny Briere, Steve Sullivan, Chris Kunitz), and I agree to an extent with those guys, but those type of guys in my opinion are more the exception rather than the rule, and the number proves that in terms of borderline NHL'ers (quality AHL'ers) who never pan out in the big leagues.

I like Kulda, I think he has some nice tools, but he needs to **** or get off the pot here at some point given his age and experience as a pro.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote