View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Indeed, my timeline with waivers was off. Still, do you really think Kulda, who as you favorably claim was shutting down Malkin and Datsyuk was all that damn worthy that some other team wouldn't have seen him shutting down those elite stars and traded for him? Unless of course you believe Chevy has made it his mission to hide Kulda from the rest of the hockey world.
I don't think people have been hugely overwhelmed by Kulda due to lack of experience, but he will shine if given a chance. That's all he needs. He will eventually be a coveted player if given a chance.

Quote:
Your examples are good (Moulson, Danny Briere, Steve Sullivan, Chris Kunitz), and I agree to an extent with those guys, but those type of guys in my opinion are more the exception rather than the rule, and the number proves that in terms of borderline NHL'ers (quality AHL'ers) who never pan out in the big leagues.
That's the tricky thing with the NHL, we all like to believe that the best players all eventually get there and prove their worth, but MANY MANY players just never have the right opportunity to show their stuff and that's what seperates the Matt Moulson, Rob Scuderi, Danny Briere, Steve Sullivan, Dustin Penner's of the world from the Arturs Kulda, Aleksey Morozov, Tony Martensson, Jori Lehtera, Tomas Zaborsky's of the world.

We see this all time when a roster of Flavien Conne, Paul Di Pietro, Romano Lemm, Martin Pluss beats the heralded stars of Team Canada.

Quote:
I like Kulda, I think he has some nice tools, but he needs to **** or get off the pot here at some point given his age and experience as a pro.
Again, I do think that is at all his fault. It's the fault of the organization to give him the chance, IMO. The Islanders in recent years are showing that talent can be uncovered from unheralded players (Thomas Hickey, Matt Moulson, Brad Boyes, Brian Strait, Michael Grabner, Andrew MacDonald, Colin McDonald). We need to start giving these guys a REAL chance. That team is lower salary and keeps uncovering gems with nobodies since they play players to their strength and give them a REAL shot to show their talent level.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote