View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
not sure where you got your information but it is clearly wrong. In his last 9 games, he had 4 assists and 1 goal playing with the highest quality offensive linemates available. Lets look at his points

1) vs Min - goal, Yak does all the work, gagner crashes the net, Maggie swipes in the loose puck

2) vs Col - 2 assists - Justin Shultz and eberle scores goals, Maggie gets 2nd assists

3) vs Van - 2 assists - last game of the season, meaningless to Canucks, Yakupov scores both goals, Maggie gets 1 primary and one secondary assist.

go to nhl.com and check the highlights. Maggie was a complementary player to some skilled linemates. That isn't a bad thing but Perron will easily be able to outperform him.

edit - I just checked the highlights. Maggie had one point last year where he wasn't on the ice with Gagner or eberle. That goal was a one hand on stick deflection of a Ryan Smyth gift.
Excellent post and thanks for taking the time to break it down. I was going to do something along those lines if I had the time. They keypoint here is that Paajarvi isn't driving the results and Perron can. But more that Perron isn't shy of the play, will be involved, in high traffic areas and will complement the game of Yak and Gagner more.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote