View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Guerzy
Patrik LainELITE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
For me, other than his face off prowess he has demonstrated next to no additional upside at the pro level when called up. He's been given a number of opportunities, and either can't or won't kick the door down and force the organization to keep him up. His game should be one of a feisty, hard to play against checking winger / centre that throws the body. This was his modus operandi during his junior years, but he seems to have gotten away from this game, unfortunately.

I think this will be a telling season for Cormier one way or the other - I believe that he's waiver eligible this year, yes?
Agree. If Cormier wanted a spot it was there for the taking when Slater broke his hand/finger. He didn't do much to get noticed. To me, it would have been nice if Cormier played more of an agitators game, more physical, got under the skin of opponents, played more like a pest, etc. I mean, he's solid on the faceoff circle which is a huge bonus, but other than that he just doesn't stand out at all to me. I really wish he embraced the pesky checkers role, because he's got some toughness to him too.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote