View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabapple View Post
I just hope David comes in with a great work ethic and really meshes with the team. How long has it been since a guy came in here via trade and exceeds expectations? I think we're due. I watch the Blues quite a bit and I like what Perron will bring to the oilers. I think he can be a Burrows type player for us
I think we'll see just this with Perron. What the Oilers offer is some decent offensive depth, he'll get a lot of spots (or most) not facing top pairing D, he'll have good offensive linemates, and more of a greenlight here to pressure up high or look for the breakout pass. What gets lost in the transition is that the Oilers really do this a lot. Even guys like Jones here have scored many more goals than anywhere else. We actually make a lot of breakout transition plays and score a fair amount of our goals that way. Perron is a talented quick strike guy. Hands like Hemsky with better brains and more consistency is a way to look at it. Perron, much more than Hemsky, is going to make defenders have to make a play on him more often than not. The Perennial knock on Hemsky on a rush is he tries to do 3 cute things at once and blows his own tire on the rush.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote