View Single Post
07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Now 11.5% more Zen
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by duul View Post
I'm confused, Replacement is happy with something the Oilers management did? Surely I am dreaming.

Perron is a very good pickup for us. Best one imo since J Schultz. A very helpful piece of the puzzle and better fit than people may think.

This is a good article in the journal today.

Love these quotes:

“I just felt like David was a little more established, a little bit more experienced, a little bit more certain of his ability to play at a very high level on a top-two line position,” said MacTavish. “He’s a guy who may fit better into the way we’re going to try to play the game than the team that he came from.

“It seems like as the hours and minutes go by, it feels better. I feel like I’m going to look good with the jersey on,” he said. “The style of play that they want to play is what I played to get into the NHL. It’s a team that can become like the Chicago Blackhawks. It sure is nice to come into a situation like that.

“In St. Louis, it was more defensive-minded hockey, more of a team that tries to style itself after the L.A. Kings and teams like that. Obviously, it’s a really successful way, but so is the Chicago Blackhawks’ type of hockey.

“It will take me a little bit of time to readjust ... but I’m looking forward to it. I still feel I have steps to take to become better.”

Just as a sidenote this is the kind of succinct and dialed in type of quote I came accustomed to from MacT. tbh I think the first few mths on the job he was rattled and his dialog is now getting back to what I remember. MacT in this expresses in few words what the obvious difference between the respective players is. He does it nicely as well.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote