View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
I'm confused, Replacement is happy with something the Oilers management did? Surely I am dreaming.
heh.

Perron is a very good pickup for us. Best one imo since J Schultz. A very helpful piece of the puzzle and better fit than people may think.

This is a good article in the journal today.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...007/story.html

Love these quotes:

MacT:
Quote:
“I just felt like David was a little more established, a little bit more experienced, a little bit more certain of his ability to play at a very high level on a top-two line position,” said MacTavish. “He’s a guy who may fit better into the way we’re going to try to play the game than the team that he came from.

Perron:
Quote:
“It seems like as the hours and minutes go by, it feels better. I feel like I’m going to look good with the jersey on,” he said. “The style of play that they want to play is what I played to get into the NHL. It’s a team that can become like the Chicago Blackhawks. It sure is nice to come into a situation like that.

“In St. Louis, it was more defensive-minded hockey, more of a team that tries to style itself after the L.A. Kings and teams like that. Obviously, it’s a really successful way, but so is the Chicago Blackhawks’ type of hockey.

“It will take me a little bit of time to readjust ... but I’m looking forward to it. I still feel I have steps to take to become better.”

Just as a sidenote this is the kind of succinct and dialed in type of quote I came accustomed to from MacT. tbh I think the first few mths on the job he was rattled and his dialog is now getting back to what I remember. MacT in this expresses in few words what the obvious difference between the respective players is. He does it nicely as well.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote