View Single Post
07-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Bryzgalov's Blueline
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Oh absolutely. I have been saying to trade Mez for peanuts pretty much the entire off season. But if they are both on the roster in training camp, it's Mez's spot to lose. If he plays like crap, obviously Gus would get it. But I wouldn't pencil in gus based on half of a half season and international play.
Disagree that it's Mesz's spot to lose.

1. You don't put players into the lineup above better options just because they make more money.
2. You don't play injury risk players in your lineup just in the hope that they return to the same form they had over two seasons ago when you have players who can perform adequately.
3. You don't sit young players who are obviously ready to the press box over veterans that don't fit into your long-term plans or even your plans beyond this season.

If anyone should be going to the press box, it should be Meszaros. I didn't even mention that Gustafsson is probably the better and more consistent player at this point in time.

You can tell me I'm overrating Gustafsson and all this nonsense until you're blue in the face. The fact remains that it's been a long time since Meszaros was our "best defensemen" (he really wasn't), and it's been two calenders years since Meszaros has been anything other than an extreme liability on the back-end for 11 games, sitting in the press-box, or rehabbing after surgery.

You don't just magically recover from that.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote