View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 01:14 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I know fighting doesn't exist in hockey anymore and no team has or wants fighters but for some stranger reason the Islanders are bringing in a boat load to evaluate.

http://nyienforcers.proboards.com/in...og&thread=3204

I rememeber the 80's, when the Islanders used to beat the **** out of us...get ready...it is going to happen again soon.

We have one guy in our entire system that can answer the bell...McIrath, one and that's it.
Most if not all of these training camp invitees have no NHL future. Again these days--if you have someone who fights--he has to be able to skate and to play and be somewhat diversified. Prust for instance can put up 20-25 points a season is defensively responsible and kills penalties. I don't like 3rd-4th liners who only do one thing. We'll take Pyatt for an example--up and down his wing--not much use on the pwp and never kills penalties--hits but not hard enough to be memorable hits--not a big offensive threat. He's pretty much worthless in my eyes--but a guy you only use for 3 shifts a night and only as an enforcer is not much good either. The best teams roll 4 lines--on the best teams even their 4th lines score enough to keep other team's from taking them for granted. I'm all for upgrading the Rangers toughness--adding guys willing to drop the gloves but they have to be the right guys and finding them is real work--you just don't take the baddest guy out there if he doesn't know how to play.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote