View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Are we even sure Mez is better than Gus? He didn't exactly blow me away last year, even when healthy. He was expected to carry some of the load and struggled with it. This season Gus fared better against tougher competition. Last season in 30 games, when he was less advanced in his development, he wasn't much worse than Mez. Edit: He had easier competition, but he performed better relative to that competition than Mez did with his.

Gus is a suitable replacement at this point. Possibly even a superior replacement if his development continues its current trend. He also comes at a cheap cap hit. He also doesn't have a legion of health issues. He should be the go-to guy at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
No worries. It's kind of worse when you think of all the injuries he has sustained in just a 13 month period: Back surgery, torn Achilles, then busting the same shoulder twice.
The back and shoulder are the really concerning ones. "Structural" injuries, especially when they get repeated in the same place, can be a big red flag.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 07-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote