View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
Who exactly is "soft" on this roster? Which of these players are running at the sight of the Bruins?

Who is so tough on the Bruins roster that the Rangers or any other team for that matter, cower in fear?

Lucic is the only real physical threat on that roster. Chara is large, woopie. Kreider knocked him on his ass.

There are no soft players on this roster. Not one player is reluctant to use the body or work for pucks.

Dorsett is exactly the same kind of player Prust is. Dorsett didn't have an opportunity to really play for the Rangers yet. Broken bone.

Little Zuccarello gets engaged and doesn't back down.

Toughness is a mental aspect. I don't see a single player on this roster shying away from physical play. Gaborik. He's gone.

Rangers didn't lose to the Bruins because the Bruins were some big bad team that puffed their chest and forced the Rangers to run. Give me a ****ing break. The Rangers lost because their coach couldn't adapt, left the Brins defenders at the point wide open, particularly Krug, and they couldn't finish their scring opportunities with enough efficiency. Thats why they lost.
It got lost a bunch of pages back, but I answered your first question below. I never did get a good response back from the group that thinks we aren't soft, I'd be curious to hear if you have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Some of those people yes, but sure as hell isn't me or the whole group.

We got rid of Torts because we don't want to do those hard working things anymore. ***** Nash and company want to just loaf around in the neutral zone waiting for a pass from the D. I should say for me, I have no problems with back end. They're not soft. The forwards on the other hand? Probably the softest group of forwards in the league. We saw that with the *****ing that obviously came from them that got torts fired.

Nash, Hags, MZA, Brass, Richards, Pyatt are all particularly soft.
Step, Kreider, Poul are average.
Cally, Boyle, Moore, Dorsett play with an edge.

So that as a numbers game already looks soft. More soft guys than anything else. But then when you start looking at the TOI guys are going to be getting and it gets real scary for us. Three of the four guys who play with an edge are fourth line guys. At least four of the soft guys are top six guys, one clearly top line. That's easy for other teams to play against, especially since these soft "skill" guys aren't all that skilled.

So that's where my problem resides. I can accept that we're not going to be the most skilled team, we haven't tanked for half a decade or more. But that means you have to play with an edge, and we can't right now because too many of our guys either refuse (Nash amongst others) or can't (MZA amongst others) or a little of both

And Sather proved he's not looking for them to play with an edge by caving to the weak's demands and firing a guy who demanded your effort for a guy who is used to coddling highly skilled guys. AV used to barely ever have the Sedins play in their own zone. This is only going to make our soft players bad habits worse.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote