View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
okay but Kreider has never been big time producer at any level similar to Paajarvi, I don't see him topping out as 1rst line winger most fans are expecting. very few players with his lackluster college production end up becoming special players in the NHL, it's just a natural knack for putting up pts that Kreider for the most part has lacked in. I see his game resembled MPS a lot as I followed both teams quite a bit, both players have no resemblance of offensive creativity. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of warning signs in his game that isn't to like imo to deem him as an elite prospect or pegging him into 1rst line role as many are this upcoming season. I feel Miller, Fast, Lindberg are better prospects for the Rangers, but I am much higher on those three than the rest.
Sure, he's never put up huge numbers, but there are plenty of very good NHL players who put up average numbers in college. David Backes never topped 20 goals in college, and is a two-time 30 goal scorer. Patrick Sharp never scored more than 13 goals in college and is one of the best goal scorers in the league today. JvR was a #2 overall pick and didn't exactly set the world on fire at UNH.

Kreider has always been more than just a stat line. He's a huge kid who skates like the wind and has a laser of a shot. He went from dominating MA-Prep to playing against the best U20 kids in the world to playing against pro's in the WC all in one calendar year. That's insane. Nobody does that. His tool set is elite, and what he could potentially do with that tool set is what makes him an elite prospect. Whether or not he realizes that potential is another thing all together.

In my opinion, he's likely to end up as an elite complimentary forward. He can't be the best hockey mind on his line, but he has the speed, size and finishing ability to be a perfect compliment to a play maker like Stepan or Brassard.