Old
07-11-2013, 02:50 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
We can talk stats all day, but the bottom line is Schenn was not exactly making the Flyers a better team last year. Schenn will not be a center on this team long term, and we haven't seen that he can be effective on the wing yet. Honestly, I think playing for Terry Murray screwed both Schenn and Couturier up a little bit.

You're right, our 5th leading scorer(and tied for 4th best at ES) definitely wasn't making us a better team last year.

Quote:
We've seen many skilled players who tore up the CHL become mediocre players in the NHL. Schenn has not had a seamless transition to the pros, and seeing how Laughton is on the cusp of making an NHL team a year after his draft, where Schenn was not is pretty indicative of what each can bring to the table. I wouldn't be surprised to see Laughton pass Schenn on the depth chart on will alone.
I really think people's expectations for Schenn to come in and produce immediately were too lofty. It would have been great if he could come in immediately and produce, but it just takes time for a lot of guys. At the age Couturier is right now, Claude Giroux had played two emergency games in the NHL that he never should have played, but he did because our cap was so messed up. It takes time. Couturier already played his way onto an NHL roster that was very deep in forwards, and shut down one of the best players in the NHL at ES in the playoffs. In those same playoffs, we saw a glimpse of what Brayden Schenn could do. He was fast, physical, and put up 9 points in 11 games. Andrew Shaw has the 5th most games played in his draft year and cracked a very deep NHL roster and has more games played than Ryan Strome, so Shaw>Strome right?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote