View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 03:40 PM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Had to quote just so Oilers fans don't overlook it.

One of the best characters I've ever witnessed in a hockey player.

He's going to make mistakes on the ice, and if he injures his groin he's going to be garbage for at least 1 full year, but if he stays healthy (and he has recently) he's going to be just fine as long as he's not THE guy in Edmonton. Amazing team player, amazing community guy, just overall exactly the type of person you want to root for. I really can't say enough about the guy. You'll love him.
Bingo... What ^he said...

I won't sugar-coat anything and tell you that he is a #1/2 defenseman, because he's not... He'll make a mistake here and there that will make you want to slap him. And if he gets injured, believe me - you'll know it...

But I will be you literally ANYTHING that you'll love this guy before long.

He's the guy who brought the silly God-awful 80's Bruins jacket to be used as the "award" after each playoff game... Then brought the God-awful humongoid chain (you've seen pics of Kelly23 wearing it), then brought the fighter jacket this year. He is a real locker-room guy. He's a real community guy (don't be surprised if you see him biking in the streets or Tweeting to invite you to his workout runs)...

As has been mentioned - If he's on the ice, and someone takes liberties with your guy, he is the first guy there to deliver a beating. I've been watching and playing hockey for close to 40 years, and I have never seen a guy stand up for teammates with as much.... gusto. It's actually fun to watch!

You will NOT regret the signing. I promise.

TCDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote