View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 05:00 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Because the Rangers literally couldn't add to the cap that Perron was carrying, they were that tight to it. Meanwhile in the Nash trade, the Rangers IIRC had around 12 million in cap space.

The only reason you listed to me why Kreider is better is because he weights more. Yeah, I'm not really convinced that his added 20 lbs is going to make him a better hockey player.

You do realize that at one point, Paajarvi was a top 10 prospect on this website?

Paajarvi is the same age as Kreider and had a far more impressive NHL resume from his rookie season. It can't be stated how disastrous Kreider's rookie stint was with the Rangers shot differential wise, that alone gives a lot of warning signs on his game.

Gordie Clark isn't a genius, he has picked many duds over his time with the Islanders. As a fan, I feel I can critique the draft pick if needed. It's not like he's Hakaan Andersson of the Red Wings to warrant immunity to criticism.

And to call Perron 'just a 40-50 pt player' is quite underselling him since he brings a lot more to the game than just point totals. You fail to mention that he has high end talent, a dominant puck possession game and natural playmaking instincts.
Wait, wait. Stop for a second. What are you not understanding? The cap hit and cap space is irrelevant. THE RANGERS REFUSED TO TRADE KREIDER FOR RICK NASH. They refused to include him in the the deal. Yet they would deal him for Perron? That's it. No and's if's or but's.

I don't care what Paajarvi's ranking on HF was. It is a ranking on a prospect website. That is no indication of how the player will play in his career. I guess we should then assume that any top 10 prospect is going to be a superstar in the NHL based on your theory. All you do Kershaw is look at rankings, you look at statistics. You don't make your judgements on actual play. How often have you seen Paajarvi play? I want an honest answer, not a BS one to just so you can support your love affair with certain players. How often did you see with your own eyes, Paajarvi play before he hit the NHL? I think I know what the answer will be. It is ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous, to bring up Paajarvi's "NHL resume" when he has played in by far more GP...but I guess you're ignoring that part because it deters your argument. I've seen Kreider play on multiple occasions. I watched him in person in college, followed him at the WJC's, and through the pros thus far. The kid has raw talent that compliments this roster nicely. You just don't get it. Your judgements are all based of stat sheets; the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. He is developing, but you are impatient so we should trade him.

And your big comparison is shot differential??? Are you that naive??? I guess so because if you weren't then you would understand that EDM's game is ALL OFFENSE. Their defense has been atrocious. Of course the shot differential favors Paajarvi. Look at the players on the EDM roster the last few seasons! Do you know what the word objectivity means Kershaw? Because I don;t think you do. Because an objective viewpoint would understand that Kreider had played for a defensive coach. His rookie season was after a lockout under a defensive coach. Put Kreider on that edmonton team. I would absolutely put money on it that he would have outshot and out scored Paajarvi this past season. EDM doesn't mind sitting through growing pains with younger players, they do it with 70% of their roster.

Who is calling Gordie Clark a genius? I didn't. I will say that he has been at the center of turning around this organization's farm system even with the mid to low 1st round picks he has had to work with. He had helped find gems in the middle rounds. So yeah, I give him a helluva lot more credit than you Kershaw.

And by the way, you completely contradict yourself with your last paragraph with Perron. So it's okay for you to use stat totals to label what Kreider is and what Paajarvi is but it is not ok to do the same with Perron? Why not? You can talk about all the things Perron brings to the table besides stats but none of us can do the same for Kreider? I can't call Perron a 40-50 player even though, based on what the STATS show, that is exactly what he has been. Kershaw, you are really digging yourself a hole here. You know what your problem is Kershaw, you fell into that trap that other did, you set high expectations for Kreider. If Kreider didn't go out and light up the scoresheet, which is exactly what happened because his game is still raw, he was going to be considered a mediocre prospect in your mind and you'd ship him out as soon as you can. I thank God everyday that someone with a Justin Bieber avatar is not running the New York Rangers organization.