View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 05:03 PM
kolankosf

vCash: 500
Shift change and I got on the ice while a guy from the other team got on a breakaway, I managed to catch up and dive, knocking the puck away. As I was sliding head first towards the boards, I span myself to watch where the puck was and makesure I wasn't going to get ran over by the guys starting to skate around the net. Went in feet first and hurt my ankle. I stayed on the ice, by the net as a defenseman until the other guys were able to catch their breath. I got helped off the ice and sat on the bench. I ended up going home 15 mins later and couldn't put weight on my foot.

I very slowly got changed, got my stuff to my truck. No health insurance (it takes 3 months for health insurance to kick in in AB, and my Ontario insurance OHIP had expired the month before). I went to work and my bosses heard what happened, saw I could barely walk, got me on light duty. My ankle was purple and the size of a softball. One of my managers who played that night said it was probably a high ankle sprain.

3 months later, I get xrays done, and I fractured my leg just above my ankle and fractured my ankle in a few spots where I need pins in it. Im not gonna get it done because the pins could lock up my ankle permenantly..... And theres a tournament in late August!

kolankosf is offline   Reply With Quote