Old
07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Somehow, can we say that when Timmins and Co say that it's totally up to the player....that it's actually not true? 'Cause McCarron went to Habs and give them the ultimatum that if you want me to go to London, sign me now....and they did. I mean, tough Bergevin who keeps giving his own medicine to every player out there as far as signings and all, seems to me that seeing him play in London was MUCH MORE important that they wanted us to believe.
I dont really think its as "grim" as that WS ..., i really dont.. even right after he was drafted mccarron spoke very highly of the OHL/knights and how he would like to fight and not get into any trouble like if he was in the NCAA..

theres NO WAY i believe mccarron DEMANDING a ELC so that he can go to london over believing the habs like him/trust in his potential enough to give him the contract that doesnt even kick in till he turns pro, to give him a confidence boost, that they believe in his abilities enough to welcome him into the organization officially

All Mccarron did was ASK the habs for advice, and all the habs did was each and every one of the staff probably said "honestly.. id go to london, because of so and so" , if anything timmins or somebody said NCAA isnt THAT bad, but you wouldnt be able to play in preseason games and whatnot, and then theres tinordi's opinion which he must of considered heavily

it wasnt really HARD to convince the kid, hey... london knights and the OHL is where its AT kid, you can finish your degree in whatever any time you want, but if your DREAM is the NHL and the best and most viable way TO that dream is going to the OHL with a great organization, its almost a no brainer, ..id even say did anyone REALLy think he would go to NCAA? deep down, we all knew he was going to london, there was no "ultimatum"