View Single Post
Old
01-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Skroob*

vCash: 500
I have a great solution to several problems at once. Someone with some balls (meaning not Leetch), real leadership skills (meaning not Messier), and no ties (meaning friendships, or in debt to him for giving them a career) to Sather (so not Messier, Poti, Simon, Hlavac), should act now.

Mr. Holik, step right up. Here's your time to shine.

Glen wont run PP drills? No problem. Bobby should rent out some rink time (which anyone can do), perhaps even 'hire' a drill instructor to help give some guidance (Ted Nolan. reasons below), and do all this on their own time out of their own pocket.

Results?
First, perhaps someone can clue them in on how to play the PP.

Second, this will really piss Glen off. Perhaps enough to take some action and be a real coach himself. Hopefully he'll get the point.

Thirdly, Ted Nolan is an added bonus, simply because the good 'ol boys club has him black-listed. Glen is a card-carrying member.

Fourth, perhaps this will be a wake-up call to Jimmy-D that absolutely NOBODY, not even his own players, have any faith in Glen, and he shouldn't either. [/WWF] YOU'RE FIIIEEEERRRRDDDD!!! [/WWF]

Why Holik? Balls. Leadership. He's a big name, well respected. Plus, the big-ass contract hes in gives him some job security. Even if he does get traded, i dont think he will be all that upset. Plus, i really think he would love this task.

I think that if he were to announce this to the team, most players would follow. Barnaby, DeVries, Maladog (since hes retiring and doesn't give a sh@t anyway), Carter (who i doubt is a big Sather fan), Nedved (catches a lot of smack from Glen), and most of the young kids, like Lundmark,Jed,Chad,etc. (simply in hopes it will get them traded).

It could all work very nicely.