View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I don't care about Parros ability or non-ability to fight. Not important. Until we find somebody who can, he relieves Prust from that pressure. We need Prust the hockey play to play hockey. Not to injure himself fighting. It relieves everybody who thinks they are fine because he's there. It's 1 freakin year. Honestly, we didn't commit to 4 years. We'll see what he's about and if he's done...he's gone. Until then, everybody in the Habs lineup relaxes a little even if he ends losing all of his fights. At the very least, he'll go at it.
It's not a big deal, and I never said it was. As you say it's one year. Hopefully it relieves Prust of some pressure. But the point of having an enforcer is to keep dirt bags like Colton Orr from trying to take out Plekanec's knee and sucker punching Bourque in the face because they know they WILL have to face a puncher who could give them a concussion. Especially if they know they have to play another team with a puncher the next day. Parros won't have that deterrent effect because Orr will think : Oh he'll grab me to death...big deal.

Quote:
Now....it's all about being relevant. How the heck are you allowed to say such things when you actually weren't able to do your job properly. Oh because Jacques Martin didn't want to? But he played 33 games with Carbonneau...was he that much intimidating? Or did he solely concentrated in doing some staged fights? Wasn't he on the ice when Brule blindsided Chipchura? How dare does this guy say that the opponents were shy when he was dressed?

He does not have the relevancy to state such statements towards a guy who ACTUALLY does his job better than him as far as protecting guys and still is relevant enough to do his job. How come Laraque wasn't contacted after his stint with the Habs if he's so important to any team? Yes, sorry, usually I'm more "don't hate the player, hate the game" but in that instance, it is impossible to go and forget who the player is....The guy was fired during the season. How many tons of players did that happen....
I don't give a crap about what Laraque did or didn't do with the habs or elsewhere and it's 100% irrelevant to his comments on Parros. Either way, not interested in discussing Laraque's time with us. And I probably think the same things everyone else think. It just doesn't matter. Because, in the end, everyone's opinion is valid on this subject no matter what. Because if Laraque is not qualified to speak on this subject because of his past with the habs then none of us are either.

Des Louise is online now   Reply With Quote