Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #11
View Single Post
07-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Go Habs Go
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I've been voting Lekhonen since number 5... Why is there 6 spots in between Collberg and Lekhonen? Either Collberg is too high, Lekhonen is too low or I know nothing about hockey prospects.
Most people likely haven't seen much of Lekhonen and he does look like he could get beat up by a 10 year old. I watched some of the U-18 game vs Russia but didn't get too far into yet, so for me I don't have much of an opinion on Lekhonen just yet and likely won't for some time since I don't know if I will be able to watch any Finish elite league games. His numbers are damn impressive though for someone his age and size (I sure hope he finds a way to pack on the pounds cause his frame doesn't look ideal for adding a lot of mass, not saying he can't or won't)

I like Collberg so much because in addition to the skill, I like the compact frame he has and think that his lack of height may not hinder him at the NHL level. Looking at Lekhonen, Hudon, Thomas, and Reway (who I am just starting to watch and I must say I'm very impressed) I think that ranking them is going to be tough and I would expect their rankings to be all over the place as some will be able to overlook or discount the major lack of size at their age as it's clear around here some people will just look at their measurements and just write them off without putting any real thought into. It's not hard to see why some would do this though since in the past they would likely have been right 8 or 9 times out of 10. In the new era of hockey, with more of a focus on skill, going forward more and more players that lack height/strength/mass/lower body strength, etc.... may find their way to the NHL more frequently as long as they can find a way to produce offense.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how things will go for the Habs in selecting so many highly skilled but small forward prospects, but if the NHL continues to go in the direction it's been headed, it could open the door even more. That said, you also have to wonder how many of these guys can the Habs afford to dress in the future.

Originally Posted by KadrüH View Post
Mac Bennett for sure. Hudon should not be higher than him.

Add Condon.
Why's that? I thought of myself as one of the bigger Bennett fans on this board but I don't see why he has to be higher then Hudon.