View Single Post
Old
07-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I dont care or buy into the sabremetrics crap, never have never will. For instance, in baseball, those "advanced stats" claim that Derek Jeter is not better than just your regular everyday short stop. never have cared for stats like those, I'd rather watch the play,Nash and Kreider and Stepan all played quite well in their limited time that I watched them.
Jeter is a terrible defender and he's my favorite Yankee of all time. Zero range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Really bad example as Derek Jeter actually is very poor defensively.
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluckks View Post
Advanced stats show Jeter is a tremendous and HOF worthy hitter. His fielding is very poor and always has been despite what Sportscenter may have told you.

On the other hand, there are yet to be a measure of advanced statistics that have proven as reliable indicators to judge youth and their projected development. I understand that Kreider has not progressed at the rapid pace that some were hopeful for but there is no reason to berate or lower the expectation that he can turn into a very qualified top 6 player.
Perhaps it doesn't tell to judge development, but it does tell how a player plays in a given stretch of games in a season.