View Single Post
Old
07-12-2013, 01:07 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Yeah, I just sat down and actually looked at our depth a moment ago, and realized, holy ****, we have too much.

Only disagreement with your post is, I think if ever there was a time to put something big together, now would be it. I say gamble right now on being able to deal a forward (packaged with Coburn) and hope that Straka, Laughton, or Raffl can move into the top nine. I think that's a fairly safe bet to make, honestly.

But that begs the question, who the hell do we start dangling in a trade? I'm not willing to explore moving Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, and Simmonds. We simply aren't (and shouldn't) going to explore moving Lecavalier or Hartnell. That leaves Read and Schenn. Read won't fetch much or at least anything worthwhile, so...

How big a package could we return for Coburn+Schenn is my question. Does that put us in the ball park of one of the elite blue chip defenders? Probably not given the scarcity of them, but I think it's at least worth exploring that avenue.
I know what you mean and I am 100% sure it's what Homer is exploring the next few weeks.

The point is, next year we and our possible trading partners will know exactly who's usefulworth it. Some of the young guys are overdue to break out.

Right now it's a lot of them with potential and maybes. Not quite sure that's enough to get what we want but otherwise it's what good teams do, gamble and sell or buy high on potential.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote